The full source code of this component is also available here.
About This ActiveX makes it easy to use any video camera (such as webcam) in your programs, whether you're using VB6, VS6, ASP, or any other environment that supports ActiveX. The control lets you capture frames and save them as BMP files or AVI movies with compression (like DIVX). With Video Camera ActiveX, you can also customize the audio format, manage the color palette, specify the source and format, and perform many other tasks quickly and effortlessly.
- Seamless integration with your program for using webcams.
- High-performance functionality that runs smoothly.
- Easy-to-use with a user-friendly interface.
- Capture frames and save them as BMP files.
- Record frames and save them as AVI files.
- Efficient video compression for optimal file size.
- Advanced audio compression for optimal quality.
- Flexibility to set the desired audio format.
- Load and save color palettes for customization.
- Set the source (webcam) for capturing.
- Customize the video format (resolution, frame rate, etc.).
- Robust error handling for smooth execution.
- Extensive event support for enhanced control and interaction.
- Comprehensive CHM help file for easy reference.
- Experience the functionality with a free trial.
- Compatible with VB6, VC6, ASP, and other classic programming tools that support OCX/ActiveX components.
- Download the VB6Camera
- Extract the compressed file.
- Run the Install.bat as Administrator in order to register the component.
- Run the Example.
Order a license here
- You can distribute the library with commercial products.
- You will get your own UserName and UserKey.
- The price is one-time-fee of $89 (USD) and it contains an online support.
- The source code of the library is also available under MS-PL license.
- We are using the MyCommerceÂ® services in order to handle with the registration process.
This component was built for the classic VB6/VS6/ASP platforms, a new and modern version for the .NET environment is also available here.