The full source code of this component is also available here.
About The VB6 Sound Recorder is an ActiveX (OCX) component designed for developers using Visual Basic 6 / Visual Studio 6. It allows you to record audio from any source and save it in popular formats like MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, APE, AIF, VOX, and SND files.
With this component, you can detect voice and silence, view audio graphs showing amplitude and frequency, retrieve detailed information about audio files, add ID3 tags, and much more.
The VB6 Sound Recorder is not only capable of recording audio, but it can also play various audio formats, including VOX, AIF, SND, CDA tracks from Audio CDs, and more.
The best part is that you don't need to install any additional codecs or DirectShow filters to handle the supported audio formats. The component takes care of it for you.
This component offers extensive event support, handles errors effectively, performs quickly, and is extremely user-friendly.
- Record sound in real time.
- Save recordings in MP3, WMA, APE, OGG, PCM, and ACM WAV formats.
- Capture audio from any sound card device.
- Select the recording format from the sound card.
- Start recording when noise is detected (Optional).
- Stop recording when silence is detected (Optional).
- Exclude silence sections from the end of the recorded file (Optional).
- Display amplitude and frequency audio graphs.
- Show a visual meter for audio levels.
- Detect periods of silence in the audio.
- Get real-time duration of the recorded audio.
- Get real-time file size of the recorded audio.
- Pause and resume the recording process.
- Set and retrieve ID3 tags for the recorded file.
- Retrieve information about the recorded file.
- List installed ACM tags for audio compression (e.g., MP3, AAC, FLAC).
- List ACM formats based on selected tags.
- List installed WMA tags for Windows Media Audio (e.g., WMA, WMV).
- List WMA formats based on selected tags.
- Retrieve information about the selected audio codec.
- Play the recorded audio file.
- Set and retrieve the playback position.
- Pause and resume audio playback.
- Fast and efficient performance.
- Support for multiple events.
- User-friendly and easy to use.
- Effective error handling.
- Compatible with VB6, VC6, ASP, and other classic programming tools that support OCX/ActiveX components.
- Download the VB6SoundRecorder
- Extract the compressed file.
- Run the Install.bat as Administrator in order to register the component.
- Run the Example.
Order a license here
- You can distribute the library with commercial products.
- You will get your own UserName and UserKey.
- The price is one-time-fee of $89 (USD) and it contains an online support.
- The source code of the library is also available under MS-PL license.
- We are using the MyCommerceÂ® services in order to handle with the registration process.
This component was built for the classic VB6/VS6/ASP platforms, a new and modern version for the .NET environment is also available here.