The full source code of this component is also available here.
About The VB6 Video Player is an ActiveX (OCX) component designed specifically for developers using Visual Basic 6 and Visual Studio 6. It provides seamless playback of various video file formats.
This control can be utilized within VB6, Delphi, C#, .NET, C++, ACCESS, and any other environment that supports the ActiveX technique.
With this component, you can effortlessly play a wide range of video files, including AVI, MP4, MPEG, DIVX, VOB, FLV, 3GP, MOV, RM, and many more. It offers excellent performance, user-friendly interface, and extensive support for events and functions.
- Enjoy seamless video playback with support for a wide range of video file formats.
- Take advantage of any available DS (DirectShow) codec for playback versatility.
- DS supports popular formats such as AVI, DIVX, XVID, FLV, MPEG, DVD, WMV, and more.
- Easily set the desired position and length for precise control over playback.
- Seamlessly navigate backward and forward by frames or seconds.
- Adjust the video width, height, and volume according to your preferences.
- Effortlessly manipulate the playback position using a convenient slider.
- Experience fast and efficient performance for smooth playback.
- Benefit from robust error handling mechanisms for reliable operation.
- Take advantage of extensive event support for seamless integration into your applications.
- Enjoy a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use and integrate.
- Compatible with VB6, VC6, ASP, and other classic programming tools supporting OCX/ActiveX components.
- Download the VB6VideoPlayer
- Extract the compressed file.
- Run the Install.bat as Administrator in order to register the component.
- Run the Example.
Order a license here
- You can distribute the library with commercial products.
- You will get your own UserName and UserKey.
- The price is one-time-fee of $89 (USD) and it contains an online support.
- The source code of the library is also available under MS-PL license.
- We are using the MyCommerceÂ® services in order to handle with the registration process.
This component was built for the classic VB6/VS6/ASP platforms, a new and modern version for the .NET environment is also available here.