The full source code of this component is also available here.
About The VB6 ZIP is an ActiveX (OCX) component designed for developers using Visual Basic 6 / Visual Studio 6. It helps compress and extract ZIP files and folders effortlessly.
With this ActiveX component you can easily compress files and folders into a zip file, set a password for encryption, monitor the compression progress and ratio, extract zip files and folders to any location on your hard drive, add comments to the zip file, and more.
The VB6 ZIP ActiveX is user-friendly, runs quickly, and supports various events.
- Compress files and folders into ZIP archives.
- Extract files from existing ZIP archives.
- Set comments for the ZIP files to provide additional information.
- Set passwords to protect the ZIP files with encryption.
- Ensures fast performance for efficient operations.
- Supports a wide range of events for flexible integration.
- User-friendly and easy to implement in your projects.
- Comprehensive error handling to manage exceptions and issues.
- Compatible with VB6, VC6, ASP, and other classic programming tools that support OCX/ActiveX components.
- Download the VB6Zip
- Extract the compressed file.
- Run the Install.bat as Administrator in order to register the component.
- Run the Example.
Order a license here
- You can distribute the library with commercial products.
- You will get your own UserName and UserKey.
- The price is one-time-fee of $89 (USD) and it contains an online support.
- The source code of the library is also available under MS-PL license.
- We are using the MyCommerceÂ® services in order to handle with the registration process.
This component was built for the classic VB6/VS6/ASP platforms, a new and modern version for the .NET environment is also available here.